Looking for the best laptop for recording podcasts? In this article, we will go over the 8 best laptops for recording podcasts.
We will also provide tips on choosing the right laptop for your needs. So this blog post is for you whether you are just getting started or looking for an upgrade!
Can You Record a Podcast On a Laptop?
Yes, you can record a podcast on a laptop. Many laptops have built-in microphones, and you can also use an external microphone for better sound quality. Also, laptops have the processing power and storage space needed to edit and process your recordings.
Things You’ll Need
To get started, there are a few things you’ll need:
- A laptop: Any modern laptop with a built-in microphone will work, but you may want to invest in a separate microphone for better sound quality.
- Audio editing software: Many options, such as Audacity and Adobe Audition, are available. These programs allow you to record, edit, and export podcast audio. So choose the digital audio workstation wisely.
- A quiet room: It’s important to record in a room with minimal background noise to ensure good sound quality. You can also use a pop filter or foam microphone cover to reduce background noise.
- Headphones: These will help you monitor your audio as you record, making sure everything sounds good.
By having all these things, you’ll be able to record a podcast on your laptop. Remember that practice makes perfect. With time, you’ll get better at recording, editing, and publishing your podcast.
Related: Podcast Starter Kit
8 Best Laptops for Recording Podcasts
- Apple MacBook Pro [Best Overall]
- Acer Aspire 5 [Best For The Money]
- Razer Book 13 [Best For The Fast Speed]
- Microsoft Surface Pro 9
- Razer Blade 15
- ASUS ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop
- Samsung Galaxy Book Pro
- Dell Inspiron 15 3000
Let’s take a look at each of these laptops in more detail.
#1. Apple MacBook Pro (2023) – Best Overall
Are you looking for the ultimate laptop to record podcasts? Look no further than the Apple MacBook Pro. It’s designed to give you maximum performance at every level and make podcasting easier.
With a 14.2-inch screen, Space Gray color, and 1TB hard disk space, this laptop is guaranteed to be fully compatible with all your other Apple devices. But the show’s real star—the M2 Max graphics coprocessor—puts it in a class by itself.
Loaded with supercharged power, get up to 18 hours of battery life and unbeatable responsiveness with little to no lag during recording sessions. Enjoy blazing-fast performance when editing audio files thanks to its intelligent thermal system for cooler temperatures.
Plus, stunning visuals on the Pro Display create a sharp display even on text-heavy documents or webpages. Plus, don’t forget its powerful camera and audio features like Magic Keyboard with Touch ID for secure unlocking – perfect for recognizing user profiles just from their fingerprint!
With robust features and incredible design highlights, the Apple MacBook Pro is hands-down the best overall laptop for recording podcasts on the market today. Built to last, this beautiful machine will ensure your success in podcasting for years to come – make yours today!
For further reading, you can check out our post on how to make a podcast on a Mac.
Cheap alternative to consider: Macbook Air
- High-performance graphics coprocessor (M2 Max) for smooth recording and editing
- Long battery life (up to 18 hours) for extended recording sessions
- Intelligent thermal system for cooler temperatures during use
- Stunning visuals on Pro Display for easy editing of audio files
- Outperforms some of the best desktop computers out there for podcast recording
- Expensive compared to other laptops on the market
- Only compatible with Apple-specific software and accessories
#2. Acer Aspire 5 – Best For The Money
The Acer Aspire 5 laptop with Windows 11 operating system is designed specifically for podcast recording. Experience ultimate performance with the 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor and 8GB of RAM. With up to 4.2GHz max speed, this powerful laptop is perfect for multitasking and streaming videos like never before!
Plus, with a 15.6-inch IPS widescreen LED-backlit display, you’ll enjoy crystal-clear visuals that will take your podcasts to the next level. This laptop also has an impressive 256 GB NVMe solid-state drive that speeds up boot-up times, accelerates data access, and transfers large files faster.
Moreover, it features Wi-Fi 6 for reliable and secure connections over long ranges – perfect for today’s connected lifestyle. It even includes a fingerprint reader, which adds advanced security to your device.
Furthermore, this laptop also offers more than enough ports: A USB Type-C (Gen 1) port (up to 5 Gbps), two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port (one with Power-off Charging), and a USB 2.0 Port as well as an HDMI port with HDCP support ensure adequate versatility so you can easily connect peripherals or share content across devices without hassles.
For your convenience and ergonomic comfort, it also comes with a backlit keyboard which allows all-around illumination in dark environments – great when recording late-night podcasts! Finally, this slim yet tough laptop spends plenty of time unplugged due to its exceptional battery life – up to 8 ½ hours of non-stop power on every charge!
- Better recordings and editing with 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor
- Impressive LED-backlit display for clear visuals
- 256 GB NVMe solid-state drive for faster file transfers
- WiFi 6 for reliable and secure connection over long ranges
- Cutting edge Windows 11 operating system works with latest software and drivers for recording and editing.
- Many ports for external device connections
- Budget laptop.
- No Thunderbolt 3 support
- RAM is on the low end so may struggle on a demanding digital audio workstation.
- Short battery life.
#3. Razer Book 13 – Best For The Fast Speed
Are you a modern audio professional looking for the ultimate laptop to take your recording sessions to the next level? Look no further than the Razer Book 13, made to meet all needs modern podcasting professionals require.
Boasting an 11th Gen Intel Core Mobile processor and up to 16 GB of RAM installed size, this laptop is both powerful and efficient. Additionally, its integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics will ensure that your HD recordings look crisp and clear.
This lightweight, easy-to-carry laptop is also ideal for taking along on trips or moving from one studio session to another. Furthermore, its slim design takes up minimal space while being able to handle all the technical demands of modern audio work. And speaking of demand, fear not about running short on battery life!
Equipped with a superior cooling system featuring Vapor Chamber Cooling technology and a generous 512GB hard disk size, the Razer Book 13 is designed for lasting performance so you can stay focused on what truly matters in your recordings – your creativity!
On top of that, no dongles are needed when plugging into productivity with the built-in USB ports. Plus, it’s Windows 11 compatible! So get ready to immerse yourself in sonic bliss without worrying about compatibility issues or outdated systems when you choose the Razer Book 13 for your audio work needs.
- 11th Gen Intel Core Mobile processor for efficient multitasking
- Lightweight and easy to carry around for studio sessions
- Superior cooling system with Vapor Chamber Cooling technology
- 512GB hard disk size for storing recordings
- No dongles are needed when plugging into the productivity
- Windows 11 operating system compatible
- Expensive price tag compared to other laptops in the market.
- Lacks Thunderbolt 4 for faster data transfer speeds.
#4. Microsoft Surface Pro 9 (2022)
The Microsoft Surface Pro 9 is the perfect device to help you take your podcasting dreams to the next level!
Whether you’re a professional or an avid hobbyist, this device offers a powerful and versatile platform for recording immersive audio experiences with its 12th Gen Intel Core processors, 512GB storage capacity, and up to 15.5 hours of battery life.
It also comes with a 13” PixelSense touchscreen designed with responsiveness, allowing you to draw, sketch and paint right on the screen with the Surface Slim Pen 2 (sold separately).
The Surface Pro 9’s vibrant new colors—now available in Sapphire and Forest—deliver a stunning visual experience. Plus, with its built-in Kickstand and the virtually edge-to-edge display frame, you can adjust the viewing angle to suit your needs!
And when do you need more power for gaming or desktop productivity? The Surface Pro 9 has you covered there, too—with Thunderbolt 4 ports and charging directly built into the device’s keyboard (also sold separately).
Whether you’re just starting in podcasting or are looking to take your current setup to the next level, choose Microsoft’s Surface Pro 9. It offers unparalleled performance geared towards enhancing your creative process at every step. Grab yours today!
- Easy to carry with you
- Latest-generation processors support almost all podcasting software
- Up to 15.5 hours of battery life for extended recording sessions
- Thunderbolt 4 ports and built-in charging for additional power and productivity options
- Not many connectivity Ports
- Expensive for low-budget podcasters
#5. Razer Blade 15 – Best With 240 Hz
Are you looking for a laptop that can easily help you record podcasts? The Razer Blade 15 is a perfect choice.
This sleek and stylish laptop offers excellent performance with its 12th Generation Intel Core i7 14-Core CPU, activated by a Quad HD (QHD) 240Hz display and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GPU.
Plus, it’s packed with powerful DDR5 4800 MHz memory, so you don’t experience lag when recording your podcast. The laptop also features next-gen vapor chamber cooling to ensure your system runs at optimal temperatures while gaming or recording.
And what’s more, the advanced connectivity options allow you to plug in multiple USB devices and peripherals without any issues. So whether you are recording or editing your podcast, this laptop ensures that your output is of high quality every time.
The Razer Blade 15 has all the features you need for easy podcasting. It can also work as a gaming laptop. With its powerful components, robust memory, enhanced cooling performance, and advanced connectivity options, it’s the best choice for podcasters that want their recordings to sound professional.
- QHD 240Hz display for easy editing of your podcast
- Intel Core i7 14-Core CPU makes podcast video editing easy
- Fast processing power can easily process multiple audio tracks
- Powerful components and robust memory for smooth recording
- Advanced connectivity options for all your essential peripherals
- Pricey compared to other laptops
- Battery life could be better for extended sessions of podcasting
#6. ASUS ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop
The ASUS ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop lives up to its name. Its sophisticated, ultra-slim design boasts a featherweight 2.45 lbs frame, making it easy to move from one place to the next with convenience and confidence.
This laptop powerhouse is equipped with the 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor for superior performance and fast charging; on top of that, you can work uninterrupted as it features a long-lasting battery.
And that’s not all – versatile connectivity ensures you can use your laptop to connect a range of peripherals such as an HD monitor, printer, or external storage device for maximum productivity and creativity.
The high-quality visuals are out of this world with a 13.3-inch OLED display boasting 400 nits resolution and a 4-way NanoEdge bezel. With Windows 11 Pro operating system preloaded onboard, you can access lightning-fast speeds while 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD delivers ample storage space and 16GB LPDDR4X RAM configuration!
Additional features include facial recognition sign-in, Thunderbolt 4 via USB Type C, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), and Bluetooth 5.0 – this ASUS ZenBook 13 Ultra Slim is truly the perfect laptop for recording podcasts!
- Long-lasting battery for long sessions of podcasting
- 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processing power makes editing easy
- Lightweight design for easy portability
- Advanced connectivity options for podcast gear
- High-quality visuals with 400 nits resolution and 4-way NanoEdge bezel
- Fast SSD storage for fast file saving and access
- Pricey compared to other laptops
#7. SAMSUNG Galaxy Book Pro
Are you a podcaster looking for the perfect laptop to record and create content on? Look no further than the Samsung Galaxy Book Pro when looking for laptops for recording podcasts!
Sleek, lightweight, and loaded with plenty of premium features, this powerhouse device offers all you need for your creative process. Not only does its 13.3-inch Mystic Blue screen look stunning, but it’s also lightweight enough to take on the go yet powerful enough to keep up with your demands.
The integrated memory card can hold up to 512GB of data – more than enough storage space for what you’ll need when capturing audio or visuals. It runs off a Core i7 processor and 8GB of RAM, meaning it whizzes through anything you throw at it without slowing down!
The best part? This laptop is designed specifically with podcasters in mind. Its whopping long-lasting battery will keep your recording and creating podcasts even on long journeys – making sure none of your ideas go to waste.
Plus, with blazing-fast WiFi speeds and optimized graphic capabilities, your podcast will look as professional as possible – whether you’re streaming or recording videos. What are you waiting for? Get your hands on the Samsung Galaxy Book Pro now and start producing the podcast of your dreams!
- Lightweight and easy to carry around
- Powerful processor and plenty of RAM for smooth recording
- Long-lasting battery for extended podcasting sessions
- Integrated 512GB memory card for ample storage space
- Blazing fast WiFi speeds for streaming or downloads
- Optimized graphic capabilities for professional recordings
- Pricey compared to other laptops.
- Relatively small 13-inch screen compared to other models.
- Lower RAM may run slower with some editing software.
#8. Dell Inspiron 15 3000
Introducing the Dell Inspiron 15 3000, perfect for everyone that loves to get creative with recording their podcasts. With its 11th-generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 Quad-Core processor, this powerful and reliable laptop ensures stutter-free performance and lag-free multitasking.
Its 12GB of 2666 DDR4 SDRAM is great for backing up your favorite recordings every time you use it, and its ample 256 GB of Solid State Drive storage gives you more than enough space to store everything you need!
Plus, thanks to its 15.6-inch Full HD 1920×1080 IPS Display screen, you can enjoy vibrant visuals from any angle.
Plus, its Intel Iris Xe Graphics and Stereo Speakers are perfect for streaming audio and video podcasts and other media – complemented further by its dual digital microphone array webcam, so nothing gets lost in conversation or recording!
Plus, don’t forget the touchscreen capabilities that make navigation even easier. Not only functional but sleek in black finish with a numeric keypad on the side, make sure your podcasts look good all around!
Finally, lined with a 3-cell Lithium Battery and preloaded Microsoft Windows 10 operating system, you’re always connected wirelessly via 802.11ac and Bluetooth too! Don’t miss the opportunity to get creative with recording your podcast—experience the world of Dell Inspiron 15 3000 today!
- 11th-generation Intel Core i5 for smooth multitasking
- 12GB of 2666 DDR4 SDRAM for reliable storage for audio files
- 15.6-inch Full HD 1920×1080 IPS display for vibrant visuals from any angle
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics and Stereo Speakers for streaming audio and video podcasts
- Dual digital microphone array webcam for clearer recordings
- Touchscreen capabilities for easy navigation
- Battery life could be longer
- No optical drive is included for burning CDs and DVDs
Factors to Consider Before Buying
When looking for the best laptops for recording podcasts, there are several factors to consider before purchasing.
The processor is the brain of the laptop and is responsible for running all the applications and software. A powerful processor is essential for running recording software and editing audio. Look for laptops with at least an Intel Core 10th generation processor.
Memory, also known as RAM, is important for multitasking and running multiple applications simultaneously. For recording podcasts, a laptop with at least 8GB of RAM is recommended.
Storage is where all your files and data are stored. Look for laptops with at least 256GB of storage space, or consider a laptop with a solid-state drive (SSD) for faster performance.
A high-quality display is important for viewing your recording and editing software and any video content you create. Look for laptops with a resolution of at least 1080p and a high-quality IPS panel.
Audio quality is crucial for recording podcasts, so look for laptops with good built-in microphones and speakers, or consider investing in external microphones and headphones.
Consider the connectivity options on a laptop, such as USB ports, HDMI ports, and Wi-Fi capabilities. These will be important for connecting external devices and sharing your content.
Battery life is important for recording podcasts on the go, so look for laptops with a long battery life of at least 8 hours.
Finally, consider the price of the laptop. Look for laptops with the best performance, features, and affordability balance. Setting a budget and looking for laptops within your price range is best.
These are the key factors to consider when buying the best laptop for recording podcasts. With these tips, you can find the perfect laptop for creating content and recording your podcast.
Overall, finding the best laptop for your recording needs is not to be taken lightly. Take your time and be sure you understand all the features that suit your needs and preferences.
There are various options on the market for every budget and feature set, so make sure you explore some high-quality brands like Dell, Microsoft, Razer, and Apple. While each offers unique benefits, it cannot be easy to decide which laptop works best in conjunction with other audio equipment.
Ultimately it would be best if you went with a laptop that provides you with the highest audio quality while optimizing your production environment efficiently. No matter what type of laptop you choose, having access to these specialized models will make podcasting an enjoyable experience.
All eight laptops are great options for optimizing and creating successful audio recordings at any budget range, making them all exceptional value-for-money choices. We hope this article accept. Thanks for reading!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the best laptops for recording podcasts?
The best laptops for recording podcasts will have a good microphone, enough storage space for your audio files, and a powerful processor for editing and processing your recordings. Some top options include the MacBook Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro 9, and the Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5.
Do I need a specific type of laptop for podcast recording?
Not necessarily, but it’s recommended to have a laptop with a good microphone and enough storage space for your audio files. Additionally, having a powerful processor for editing and processing your recordings is helpful.
Can I use a tablet or a smartphone instead of a laptop for podcast recording?
While you can use a tablet or a smartphone for recording podcasts, laptops generally offer better microphone quality, more storage space, and more powerful editing and processing capabilities.
How much storage space do I need for recording podcasts?
The amount of storage space you need will depend on the length of your podcast episodes and how often you record. On average, you should plan for at least 256GB of storage space.
How much RAM do I need for podcasting?
For podcasting, you will need at least 8GB of RAM although ideally if you are also doing your editing, you’ll want 16GB to do it comfortably. This will ensure that your laptop can handle the editing and processing of your podcast recordings without any issues. More RAM will also help if you run multiple apps or software simultaneously.