Podcast Addict is a popular podcast app for Android and iOS. It has been downloaded over 10 million times on the Google Play Store. However, many users have complained that it is slow to download podcasts.
The possible issues are:
– Podcast server is overloaded
– App is included in the device Optimized apps list therefore the phone is putting the app to sleep
– The app needs to be updated
– Slow internet connection
Sometimes, there could be glitches in the user’s app that can be fixed by doing a backup, reinstall and then restore of the program. If the download speed is still slow after this process then it might be time to contact customer support to troubleshoot other possible issues. On the other hand,if the issue you are having is that the podcast is pausing, you can go and check our other troubleshooting guide we created.
If you are looking for a different alternative, you can check the podcast tracker app guide.
Why is my download speed so slow but my internet is fast?
The cache stores your internet data to help website browsers and apps load faster. When the cache becomes full, the speed can slow down. To fix this, delete old data in the cache automatically or manually by pressing “clear all”.
There are a few other reasons why your download speed may be slow:
– Your internet connection is not fast enough to handle the amount of data you are trying to download.
– Your ISP is throttling your connection because you have exceeded your monthly bandwidth limit.
– You have too many devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network and they are all using up bandwidth at once.
How do I close Podcast Addict?
Pausing the current playing podcast will leave the app open in the information screen on your phone. To exit the Podcast Addict app completely, you’ll need to stop the player. You can do this by long pressing on the play button.
Another option is to ‘Force Stop’ the app from within the App Info screen.
Possible issues with Podcast Addict having slow downloads come down to the server being overloaded temporarily, the app being put to sleep by the phone’s operative system, a missing update or slow internet connection.
If you are facing other issues, also check our guide on what to do when the podcast volume is too low.