Connecting your Zoom H6 to your Android phone is quick and easy using these steps:
- To begin, ensure you have a USB type C cable handy and an OTG adaptor which is necessary for connecting your Zoom H6 to your Android phone.
- Plug the OTG adaptor into your Android and use it to connect your USB type C cable into the Zoom H6.
- Turn on your Zoom H6, select “Mode” and choose “Interface.”
- Next select “Stereo Mix” and “PC/Mac.”
- Finally, on the Zoom H6 turn on the Stereo Pair.
- Now on your Android turn on your video recording mode and you will see an on-screen notification indicating that the order will be recorded with the help of an external USB device.
That’s it! Now you can make high-quality video recordings that have incredible sound without the need for additional off-camera audio recording.
Why Choose The Zoom H6
There may be other portable recorders on the market, but none even come close to the exceptional quality and options offered on the Zoom H6. With the Zoom H6, you can record anytime, anywhere.
The Zoom H6 gives you unmatched creative versatility, unlike anything you’ve ever known. Whether you’re using it for filmmaking, podcasting, or music, it’s sure to become your go-to recorder.
Thanks to its long-lasting battery power, with the Zoom H6, the world is your recording studio. It includes ample inputs to accommodate all your guests, so even remote location recording is within reach.
Your Own Studio
Your studio isn’t confined to four walls anymore; the Zoom H6 lets you make it anywhere. Featuring up to six mic-level/line-level inputs and the ability for overdubbing and more, you have access to your own personalized music studio, giving you the ability to turn a great idea into an incredible track.
Record On Any Set
If you’re ready to record any scene on any set, turn to the Zoom H6. Featuring four combination inputs, interchangeable microphone capsules, and six tracks for quality recording, you’re ready for whatever the director throws your way.
Explore Your Creativity
The Zoom H6 lets you explore your creativity; whether you’re searching for that ideal sound effect or want to create a unique masterpiece that is all your own, you can do it with the H6.
How long can I record on the Zoom H6?
The Zoom H6 features continuous recording capabilities of over 20 hours with only four AA batteries. Or, you can indefinitely extend the recording time with an optional AD-17 adapter.
What individual WAV file formats does the Zoom H6 record?
The Zoom H6 records in the following formats:
- 44.1kHz/ 16-bit
- 48kHz/ 24-bit
- 44.1kHz/ 24-bit
- 96kHz/ 16-bit
- 48kHz/ 16-bit
- 96kHz/ 24-bit
Can The Zoom H6 Be Used As An Audio Interface?
Yes, the Zoom H6 has powerful recording capabilities and is easily used as an audio interface for your computer. To use, follow the steps listed below.
- Select the Menu button on the side of the H6
- Using the scroll switch, select USB and press
- Using the scroll switch, select Multi-Track or Stereo Mix and press
- Using the scroll switch, select PC/Mac to power through the USB or PC/Mac using battery power to power through batteries
- Finally, connect your H6 to the computer using your USB cable
How Do You Record A Phone Call On The Zoom H6?
With a bit of ingenuity, you can record phone calls using your Zoom H6. You will need two mono cables, an audio cable, a 3.5 mm cable splitter, and a headphone and mic splitter to start.
Connect your splitter to your phone, and the audio out of your phone going into your XY mic on your H6. The key is to pan the audio entirely to the left on your H6. To do this, click on Menu, scroll down to Monitor Mixer and pan to the left. This draws the audio from the right into the phone. Now take a 3.5 mm cable splitter coming out into 2 TS cables and a mono TS cable, and place the mono cable into the red (right.) Attach an audio cable to the end and place it into the mic section. Now take another mono cable and place it into the black (left), then plug the headphones in. Make sure everything’s on for recording, and you’re set to go!
If you’re ready to take your recording capabilities to the next level, turn to the Zoom H6 portable recorder. Now you can make the high-quality recording you crave anytime, anywhere.