If you’ve ever wanted to get more bang out of your Bluetooth speaker but were left disappointed by what it could deliver alone, connecting multiple speakers is the answer. By using more than one Bluetooth speaker at a time, you can create a fully immersive surround sound experience that is perfect for parties, watching movies, gaming, and much more. If you’re ready for a new and exciting audio experience, keep reading to find the best way to connect multiple speakers simultaneously.
Many people turn to dual outputs to enhance the quality of sound from their Homepod speakers or stereo pair Bluetooth speakers. Although this is an excellent option for Android users, those using Apple may wonder if there is a dual audio output app that accomplishes the same result.
The answer to that is, “Yes!”
There are several apps that allow users to connect their iPhones to multiple Bluetooth speakers at once, using a piggyback method to stream and play audio.
It’s no secret Apple users are proud of their iPhones, but where they excel in areas like safety and security, Apple has always been one step behind Android when it comes to additional features. The good news is that there are apps that even out the playing field, allowing both Apple and Android users to connect seamlessly to multiple Bluetooth speakers and headphones. Listed below are the top free apps available for Apple users that play and stream audio on their compatible devices.
- Bose Connect
- Samsung’s Dual Audio Feature
- Ultimate Ears
Setting Up Bose Connect
Bose Connect allows Apple users to connect to two Bose headphones or speakers at once, streaming audio to multiple synced speakers of their choice. This app only works with Bose products, not supporting other operating systems, manufacturers, or speakers. One added benefit of the Bose Connect app is that it will update the firmware on your device so it can support newly upgraded features and fix glitches and audio bugs. To set up Bose Connect:
- Download the app from the Apple Store onto your iOS device.
- Turn on your Bose headset or compatible speaker.
- Open the Bose Connect app.
- The app will automatically locate your Bluetooth devices, showing “Drag to Connect” on the screen.
- On the bottom of your screen, tap “Ready to Play” and connect the Bluetooth speakers on Bluetooth Settings>Bluetooth from your iPad or iPhone. The headphones or speakers are under the “Other Device” option.
Setting Up Soundseeder
Soundseeder works with Android devices, turning them into multi-speaker audio systems through wireless connectivity. Simply connect to any WIFI device and access simultaneous connectivity to multiple Bluetooth or speakers. The Soundseeder app also works with any WIFI hotspot! To use Soundseeder, follow the directions below.
- Connect speakers to Wi-Fi and open the app.
- Pick one device to be the “Player or Control Center” and the rest as “Speakers.”
- Choose your music and start playback on the players. All the connected speakers will begin playing in sync.
Setting Up AmpMe
AmpMe works across a range of phone companies, operating systems, and speaker brands, making it extremely versatile. It’s different from almost any other dual audio Bluetooth app. It does not technically allow users to connect more than one Bluetooth speaker at a time, but it does deliver the same results.
To use AmpMe, you will need multiple people to install it and link to their Google or Facebook accounts, and activate their location services. They can then send you a request to listen to your music, then pair their own device, so everyone listens to the same songs simultaneously. Here is how to use AmpMe:
- Open AmpMe and tap the + sign.
- Choose your music service (iTunes, YouTube, or Spotify) and tap “Connect.”
- Access the music on your account.
- Create a playlist.
- Accept your friend’s invites, and you’re done!
Setting Up Samsung’s Dual Audio Feature
If you have a Samsung Galaxy S+, S8, or higher, you’ll love the Dual Audio feature! Virtually all speaker brands are compatible, so you don’t have to worry about purchasing a special brand for multiple Bluetooth connectivity. To set up Samsung’s Dual Audio Feature, use the following steps:
- Follow Settings>Connections>Bluetooth, turn on, and select “Advanced.” If you have an older model phone, you’ll tap the icon in the screen’s upper right-hand corner.
- To use, pair the device to two Bluetooth headphones, speakers, or one of each, and turn on “Party Mode.”
Note: The first paired device will disconnect if you try to add a third headphone or feature.
Setting Up Ultimate Ears
The Ultimate Ears app allows you to choose to play your audio on either Megaboom or Boom speakers. It is important to note that there are limitations since not every device or speaker is compatible. Google Play and the App Store have a complete list of which devices are compatible, so you can be sure yours will work, so check it out before using. Below is a guide to using Ultimate Ears.
- Begin by purchasing two Ultimate Ears Boom or Megaboom speakers.
- Open the app on your iPad, iPod Touch, or iPhone.
- In the Bluetooth settings, choose Ultimate Ears.
- To pair both speakers, tap Bluetooth and the + button at the same time on your speakers.
- Finally, tap the Bluetooth button two times to add both speakers.
Setting Up A HomePod Stereo Pair
Apple users have their own version of Samsung Dual Audio, called HomePod Stereo Pair, that allows the pairing of an iPod Touch, iPad, and iPhone with multiple HomePod speakers. During pairing, both speakers must be in the same area, but once paired, your can place them in multiple rooms for excellent surround sound. To use:
- Download and open the HomePod app on the iOS device and press and hold HomePod.
- Press “Settings” and click “Create Stereo Pair.” Select the second speaker.
- Map your speakers to the right channel, and click “Back and Done.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Can an iPhone connect to more than one Bluetooth speaker at a time?
Yes! Newer iPhone models can simultaneously connect to multiple Bluetooth speakers through different applications.
Related: How to Connect Multiple Bluetooth Speakers to Your iPhone.
Are there apps for connecting to multiple Bluetooth speakers?
Yes, connecting to multiple Bluetooth speakers is easy using apps like Bose Connect, Samsung’s Dual Audio feature, Ultimate Ears, AmpMe, HomePod, and more.
Can I use my iPhone to connect two Bluetooth devices?
Yes! As long as you have iOS 6 or higher, you can easily connect two Bluetooth devices to your iPhone.
Do iPhones have dual audio Bluetooth?
Yes, Apple has created a dual audio Bluetooth app on iOS 13.2 called Share Audio. It allows users to play or stream audio on multiple speakers simultaneously.
Can I connect more than one Bluetooth speaker simultaneously?
Yes, both Android and Apple offer simultaneous Bluetooth speaker connectivity, as long as they are compatible with the model and operating system.
Can I connect more than two speakers at once?
Many apps only allow for two speaker connectivity at a time; however, using options like AmpMe, you and your friends can use as many of your own respective devices as you’d like to play your favorite audio.
Can I use multiple Bluetooth connections if I have an older device?
Most of the apps listed above require you to have newer operating systems on your device for Bluetooth connectivity to function properly. Always check your device to see if it is compatible with your chosen method.
Do I have to buy special speakers for Bluetooth Connectivity to work?
Depending on the app and device you use, you may have to purchase brand corresponding speakers.
Related: How to Listen to Podcasts and Music at the Same Time
Thanks to innovative apps that open the door to multiple simultaneous connections, you no longer have to settle for singular connectivity on your favorite Apple or Android devices. Although this option is exciting, you should check your device restrictions before spending tons of money on Bluetooth speakers. By following the simple steps listed above, you can find the perfect app for your device that makes connecting multiple speakers fast and easy. Now you can get high-quality surround sound audio wherever and whenever you want it with your Apple or Android device.