Have you been wondering how to embed your podcast in your website? Luckily, it does not take a top-rated software engineer to get a Libsyn player embedded on your website, whichever type it is.
Here’s how you can get a podcast on your site using Libsyn embedded player on either WordPress, Wix, or Medium.
Related: Does My Podcast Need A Website?
How To Embed Libsyn Podcasts on Medium.com
Begin these first steps on Libsyn.com:
- Open the Libsyn.com website and sign in to your account.
- Navigate to the content tab.
- On the content tab, click the ‘previously published’ to open a list of available podcasts.
- On your preferred podcast, click the (Link/Embed) button. This is usually the middle button.
- Identify the Libsyn directory URL of the podcast.
- Select the URL code and copy it to your clipboard.
Finalize the embed process on Medium.com with these steps:
- Head to the Medium.com website and log in to your account.
- Navigate to your profile picture at the top of the page and click “write a story.”
- Go to your story field and paste the URL link you copied from Libsyn.
- Click Enter or the return key to activate the link you have pasted.
- Your podcast player is now successfully embedded.
- Click the player on the story to test it or add a title.
- You can highlight the title and add a customized link or URL if you want.
How to Use A Libsyn Player on a Wix Site
- Log into your Wix site and create a blank page.
- Click the Wix app magnate and select “embed HTML app” to enable code on the current page.
- Switch tabs to the Libsyn player page and access your account.
- Access your published podcasts on your Libsyn content page.
- Reveal the embed code to your preferred podcast by clicking the preview, followed by the “link” button.
- Right-click and copy the embed code generated in the previous step.
- Switch back to the Wix page where you created the HTML app.
- On the HTML app, click “settings” and paste the embed code you got from Libsyn,
- Double click the HTML field after pasting the code and update the app window.
- Closing the settings menu will finally activate the changes.
- Customize the player size and attributes to those on your page.
How to Use A Libsyn Player on WordPress
What to do on Libsyn:
- Navigate to your content page to access the podcasts.
- You should first select the list of published podcasts. You can also embed scheduled podcasts.
- Scroll to the exact podcast title that you need to link.
- Click the podcast embed button to expose its link.
- Copy the generated embed code and leave it on your clipboard or save it in a separate notepad.
Adding the link to your WordPress site:
- Ensure that you are logged into the admin panel to place new posts.
- Create a new post by clicking “add new” and proceed to add your preferred title.
- On the body of your post, click the ‘+ block” icon to insert a block. Next, search for the HTML block and select it to add an HTML block to the new post.
- Paste the earlier acquired URL code to your podcast.
- Confirm that the podcast was successfully embedded and add a description to the podcast.
Embed Libsyn on WordPress via the Embedly plugin:
On your browser, open Libsyn.com and WordPress.com on different tabs.
- Launch the Libsyn profile and access the published podcasts.
- Fetch the URL to the page containing your podcast.
- Copy the podcast URL to your clipboard.
Switch to the WordPress page tab and carry out the following steps:
- Navigate to the “plugins” menu on the left side of your page.
- Click “add new” to begin the process of adding Embedly plugins.
- Type Embedly on the search field and install it. A notification pops up once the Embedly plugin is successfully installed in your WordPress account.
- Create a new post on WordPress.
- You can paste the podcast URL anywhere on your new post, and the Embedly plugin will automatically generate the Libsyn player.
- Test the player or alter the player size and descriptions to your preference.
Embed Libsyn Podcasts on WordPress Using iFramely
The iFramely plugin for WordPress is an easy-to-use yet highly powerful plugin to embed customizable blocks on your website. Consider using the iFramely plugin if you want to add more customization options to your podcasts, such as when it starts and when the audio or video file should end. iFramely offers responsive media blocks that will resize and fit the attributes of the destination website. Best of all, iFramely runs smoothly on most WordPress themes. To use the iFramely plugin to embed a Libsyn player on your blog page, begin by installing it on WordPress first.
Get iframely to run on your WordPress site using these steps:
- On your WordPress menu, click the ‘plugins’ icon.
- Select the ‘Add New’ option and search for the Iframely plugin.
- Install the plugin and test-click it to launch it on your WordPress list of plugins.
- Once installed, you can proceed to create a new post on your website, and the Iframely plugin will link any embedded codes or URLs that you add to the post.
- Copy the URL code from your Libsyn podcast and paste it on your post to activate the podcast.
- Once you embed your Libsyn player URL, Iframely will have a default placeholder image which you can swap with an image of your choice once it loads the audio or video file.
- You can proceed to customize the rest of the WordPress post with all the text and content you need for a complete blog. Add any supporting descriptions to guide your audience.
You should embed Libsyn player on your website articles from today to vibe more with your readers. It also makes it easier for your website followers to discover and follow more of your content on other topics. With the simple steps in this article, you can have a different way to communicate an interesting perspective to your followers.